Taken from a painting of Kapiti Island at Sunset.
by Sonia Savage.

Monday, March 4, 2013

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It is Monday and again I am joining in the meme over at Mentor Texts.
Hop on over and join in over at the Mentor Text Blog. Just click on the picture 
                                                 
Bigger Than A Breadbox
Laurel Snyder.

Goodreads Summary
 A magical breadbox that delivers whatever you wish for—as long as it fits inside? It's too good to be true! Twelve-year-old Rebecca is struggling with her parents' separation, as well as a sudden move to her Gran's house in another state. For a while, the magic bread box, discovered in the attic, makes life away from home a little easier.

I loved this book I think like every other reader that has read it.  I loved the characters, especially Gran who was so understanding. I loved how Rebecca learned about life and grew as a person.  Her younger brother was a dear too.  Great read.

This coming week I am rereading Insurgent by Veronica Roth.  I have listened to the audio which is really very good.   However I want to read it as well to be ready for later in the year when the third one comes out.  

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me of this book. It was on my list when it first came out and I didn't get to it. I need to put it back on my pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bigger than a Breadbox is so good. I just love Snyder's books. I haven't gotten to Insurgent yet, although I did enjoy Divergent. I am planning on waiting until the third one comes out and then read them all in one fell swoop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like to do that with a trilogy too. Then it is all fresh!!

      Delete
  3. Once I read Insurgent, I went immediately to Divergent - I couldn't put them down! Can't wait until the third book comes out, which is in the fall I think. A good idea to perhaps reread the second one! I teach second grade, but went looking for some of my previous students so that I could recommend Bigger Than A Breadbox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathryn, I haven't read this book yet, but I heard that it's really good and that it tackles a lot of important issues. I haven't read Insurgent nor Divergent as yet, and am really looking forward to knowing more of Veronica Roth's writings. Have a great reading week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...